Members' Meeting 2016
The members' meeting 2016 took place in the synagogue on June 2, 2016.
About one quarter of the members were present.
They got an overview over the activities of the association and discussed questions connected with it.
- Very important was, that we could continue with the restauration of the synagogue. The ceiling is now safe.
- During 2015 we had a series of events connected with the 75 anniversary of the deportation of the Jews in Baden, the Palatinate and the Saarland to the Gurs internment camp in southern France.
- The finances of the association are sound in general, but we need additional funds in excess of 50,000 € to be able to finish the restauration works.
- To be able to have events in the synagogue we need an outbuilding with toilets. First sketches were shown and discussed. We need new ideas for financing this.
- There is progress in producing the Memorial Book for the synagogue. It will be unveiled in a ceremony on September 25th, that will be the conclusion of the Exhibition „The Jewish Children in Steinsfurt during the 3rd Reich”
- Further activities are planned
Questions in connection with the use of the synagogue were discussed.